German Language File 4.3 small error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:04

German Language File 4.3 small error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2011 00:00

I am currently setting up a sandbox project for presentaion and came across three spelling mistakes in the german backend language. It would be nice if they were corrected in the version for download.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

Thank you for reporting this. We will make sure to fix the German language pack as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2012 00:00

I thought I had imported the 4.4 language pack but still get this and other spelling mistakes. However I don't seem to find this in the language pack -> could it be that they are somewhere else?
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

Currently there seems to be an issue with the capital letters of  nouns in the German language.
As for the labels that are not translated but are not present in the language packs, some of them seem to be hardcoded, so I'm tracking them down so that the dev team could export them all for translation.

I'll be more than thankful if you can send me more of these if you come across any!

All the best,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Dear Grisha

One thing that bothers me still is that if you want to use SBE in another Backend language then english you have to overwrite the english with the german localization even though you can add different back-end languages.

I still think that it would not hurt Telerik in any way if the SBE would allow multiple backend langues as well. 

a) no one will add 1500 USD just do have multiple backend languages
b) the functionality is in place why not let us use it
c) I is just strange to any user if you can multiple back-end langues in the settings but can use only one. That just does not make sense.

So I will overwrite the english simply with the german file and see what is happening :-(

Markus

PS: Just so you understand how hard this is. Changed the Backend to German and now try to set some Advanced settings. Every thing is labeled different. Just this would be an example how it would be easier to have multiple backend languages. German for the client. English for developers. I have all my software in English because its easier to follow advice you find on the web or on forums here.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

I perfectly understand what you mean, Markus, however do not forget that higher editions come with more unlocked features. It's all there in Sitefinity, so following the same logic, someone else would like to have the Ecommerce functionality in SBE - it's there anyway, right?
We are not cannibalizing the higher editions by putting in more options in the free and SBE one, as this would destroy the balance that we are maintaining.

Do you think that $499 is too high for what you get with Sitefinity SBE? Can you give me an example with other CMS that offers the equivalent for less?

Regards,
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Dear Greg

I love Sitefinity and would not want to use any other CMS since the usability of SF is so much better then any CMS I have looked at so far.

The price for the SBE $499 is absolutely ok and I can say that this is an investment for any small business that will pay off in the first year.

What I do think is that having the option of multiple backend languages is in no way cannibalizing higher editions because I would assume zero customers will update from SBE to SE for 1500 USD just to use multiple backend languages.

I also don't thinks that anyone would say. Well now that I can have multiple backend languages in SBE I don't need the option of unlimited pages, e-commerce possibility, load balancing optoin and so on.

Don't want to get into any longely discussion.

I have a different view and you are boss. Your product, your decision - I can 100% accept that.

All I say is. Technology is there, would probably not make any difference sales wise and the current implementation is hard to understand.

You can add multiple backend languages in SBE. You can set one or the other as default but importing overwrites whatever is there.

So please except my apologies I did not want to go down that road again.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your understanding and for your constuctive feeback. I wouldn't want to leave you with wrong impression - your feedback is really valuable and we listen. I've forwarded this internally to the Sitefinity teams. I'll keep you posted on any resolution on this.

Kind regards,
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Here is some more feedback (I assume the problems might exist in French/Italinan ...... and other languages as well)

Markus

PS: Hope to see these fixed in 5.0 ;-)

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2012 00:00

Well here is another on in 4.4

Kind regards
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2012 00:00

More to be fixed in 4.4

Regards Markus

Sorry  http://www.sitefinity.com/ClientsFiles/329120_german-04.png should read
Es wurden noch keine Kategorien erstellt.

Missed the plural sorry.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2012 00:00

Thanks, Markus!

I've corrected whatever could be fixed through the language pack itself. There is a glitch that we found out thanks to your remarks, which we are fixing and the fix will be included in 5.0.

Keep 'em coming if you find more! And Enjoy your Telerik points!

All the best,
the Telerik team

This thread is closed