Custom Control - "Specified argument was out of the ran

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:16

Custom Control - "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: name"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2011 00:00

I'm trying to create a custom control for my plain sitefinity installation. I have created a custom master/layout, and am trying to add a custom control to the 1 placeholder that is inside of it.

The custom master page shows up fine, and I can create new pages with it. I have added the custom control to the advanced settings screen and it shows up in the list of available widgets on the page. However, whenever I try to add a new control to the placeholder setting (adding via advanced settings), I get a javascript popup that says "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: name"

I can add other widgets to the placeholder without any issue, such as a Content Block. 

Here is a link to the .har file which I exported from chrome, showing the data from the ajax request that failed. cl.ly/062W1H3v1P350W2G0D3y

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2011 00:00

I found the issue to my problem, of course, right after posting the thread.

The issue was that I put the path in the layoutTemplate field rather than the type field.

This thread is closed