Email Campaign templates

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:25

Email Campaign templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2011 00:00

I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design.  I create a newsletter template. I then create a campaign and load from that template. I make changes to the text or add subscriber information. I click next and then hit send the campaign.

The email does not reflect any changes made to the template.  Is this how the email module is supposed to function?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda,

It seems that this is a bug with our email campaigns. Thank you for reporting it. It has been logged in our system. You can follow the PITS link to track its progress. As a workaround I will offer you to edit your email template from the Email Campaigns >> Message templates. This way your changes will get applied.

Kind Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2011 00:00

Does this also mean we cannot create a plain text version of the emails? This option is not available in the templates section. When I try to manually create a text version, nothing shows up in the preview.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,

A plain text version for the e-mails is created. You can't save them in a template to be used for several campaigns but when you are sending a specific campaign you can customize the plain text version.

It is not shown in the preview and normally it is not visible in the e-mails. See this for more info about this feature: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME#Alternative 

Regards,
Boyko Karadzhov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed