Urgent - group or external page cannot be a child of a split

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:15

Urgent - group or external page cannot be a child of a split page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2011 00:00

I have a SF 4.2 standard instance with 2 languages (eng/fre) I need to add a subpage to my main menu item that redirects to an external URL. I created the sub page, gave it an Eng name and different Fre name saved it as a normal page. Once the two different names where saved, I went into the Eng settings and changed it to a redirect to the external URL however when tryin to save it gives me an error of "group or external page cannot be a child of a split page"

What am i doing wrong to enable this external redirect on a child page?

thanks,

Dave

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello David Pusch,

Thank you for using our services. The limitation for this feature stems from the architectural design of the localization mode and unfortunately there is no way around it. Pages in Sitefinity are represented by to objects a PageNode (containing ulr data, properties such as description, etc) and PageData (holds the content of the page. When you localize a page in sync mode you basically have the same page node with localized page data. However in split mode you create two different page nodes and page data objects. Since however Group/Redirect pages do not have page data and exist only as a page node they cannot be split or in the same line of reasoning a standard page cannot be converted to a group page when it's in sync mode and has a translation in another language, as this will be a different page node.

I hope you find the above information useful. Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need some additional information, or have further questions regarding the above functionality. We'll be glad to assist you further.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed