How to permanently delete a custom module?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:41

How to permanently delete a custom module?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2011 00:00

I created a custom module today using SF 4.4 and encountered a couple of issues.

First, I realized I needed to add a new field to the module and set that new field as the default for url generation. I added the field, set it as the default, saved and went to Content > My Custom Module to add a new item. Upon trying to create my item, I realized that the UI was using the original default field to auto-generate the url. I went back to the properties for the module and checked to make sure my new field was set as the dropdown and it was. I then tried to deactivate the module and reactivate it thinking this might update the item creation UI to know I had a new default field. This didn't help either.

Next I deleted the orignal default field from the module and set my new field to be default. When I went into try and add a new item to the module, the UI gave an error message indicating it was expecting the original field I deleted. Frustrating.

So I looked for a way to delete the module. I did not see a way to do this - only deactivate it. How can I completely remove this module so I can start fresh with a new one? I don't want a useless deactivated module sitting out there.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Craig Brown,

Thank you for contacting us.

The first issue you are talking about is logged in our system but we didn't have the time to fix it for this release. However I made it a PITS issue and it will be fixed for the next release.

About your second question we had many discussions internally whether a module can be deleted or not, how it will be implemented and what scenarios we should consider because it is not a trivial task. That's why we have left it for a future release. We have a forum post that will give you more detailed explanation on this matter. 

All the best,
Stoimen Stoimenov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

Thanks Stoimen.

This thread is closed