4.3-4.4 Bug: Response.Redirect in UpdatePanel PostBack mangl

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:37

4.3-4.4 Bug: Response.Redirect in UpdatePanel PostBack mangles the URL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2011 00:00

This was reported in 4.3 the following post: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/updatepanel-and-response-redirect.aspx#1846504

In short, calling Response.Redirect from an UpdatePanel postback appends an html encoded string to the current page URL.

So, if I call

this.Page.Response.Redirect("~/user/video-playback");

from

the resulting url is:

I did a quick search in PITS and didn't find anything.

The work-around is located in this post: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/updatepanel-and-response-redirect.aspx#1894090

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello,

This is an internal issue that we are still determining on how to fix. The question about the script references is a tough one because changing them would have both its advantages and drawbacks. However, we are not overlooking the problem and soon a decision will be made regarding this

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2012 00:00

any news on this?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Gabriele,

The issue is still being discussed by our managers, but I assure you that we will update you with information, as soon as any decision is made regarding the matter. 

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed