Return Code 12031

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:36

Return Code 12031

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2011 00:00

Whatever I try to do I get this error on new projects created with 4.4. I suspect it is a permission problem since I dont get the error if I work on the server directly (localhost) or run from the Project Manager. This was not a problem with project created before 4.4. I use SQL Server Express

What can it be, could it be permissions? NETWORK SERVICE have "Full Control" over App_Data.

Atle

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2011 00:00

Update:
In FireFox the message is "Return Code 0"
I also created a fresh new project, and same problem unless I'm working directly on the server.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Atle,

Could you give us access to your backend so that we could try and see for ourselves what might be the problem? In previous versions of Sitefinity this error happened sometime but starting from 4.3 we thought we eraticated it. As for the Return Code 0 - this eror is reproduceable with other browsers too - it happens when you click somewhere on the backend before the previous service call finished executing.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2011 00:00

I apologize if I've let people believe that this was a Sitefinity problem.
I have investigated this more. It might be a firewall issue because the error is not for 4.4 only.

I have discoverd that an old 4.2 project now has the same error. Since this error was not there before, I suspect someone in our organisation has changed the settings on the firewall. Maybe Silverlight is blocked or something.
I need to get in contact with our server team to be sure. I'll let you know.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Atle,

No problem. If you wish you could give us access to your backend so that we could try and investigate the issue on our side.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Atle

We are getting the same error. Did you solve this eventually?

Thanks heaps
HC

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi HC,

What version of Sitefinity are you using? If it is not the latest (4.4) did you try upgrading to it and checking if the error still happens?

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello,
I appear to be having this error. We're using 5.1.3270. Steps to reproduce
1.Click on 'Documents & Files'
2.Click on 'xxxxxx.zip' document

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2012 00:00

Sry. Double post.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi, Charles.

Error code 12031 is a general message with WCF services that something went wrong on the DB level.
Since the error might be coming from a number of different areas, can you try and login to your website and reproduce the error, tracing the web service exceptions as described here, then send the trace log to me so I can have a closer look at the service exceptions?

Thank you in advance.

All the best,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

This thread is closed