Page properties are empty

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:31

Page properties are empty

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2011 00:00

I upgraded my site from 4.1 to 4.4 and everything works fine in my Dev environment.  However, when publishing to Stage, I'm unable to create new pages or modify the title & properties of existing pages.  As you can see from the attached screenshot, the Create a Page form isn't loading correctly either.  It says "No pages have been created", but there are existing pages on the site, all of which show up fine under the Admin > Pages screen.  You'll also notice that the radiobutton text under "Put this page..." is missing.

The files and database are exactly the same between the two environments.  I've even tried allowing Everyone, Full-Control on the site, to eliminate any possible permissions issues.

The Stage database was created from a backup of the working Dev environment.  When doing a file comparison between Dev and Stage, the only differences are in the connection strings.

Any idea what could be causing this isssue?  The fact that it works in Dev and not in Stage is very confusing.

Please help asap, thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2011 00:00

Did you update right FROM 4.1?

These notes say to be on at least 4.2 SP1?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Chris,

Steve was correct in saying that you need to upgrade from 4.2 SP1 at least, to prevent upgrade complications, since there are breaking differences between the 4.1 and the 4.4 versions of Sitefinity. It is quite odd that your Sitefinity project is upgraded properly on the development server and not on the Stage. Can you try restarting the Application pool of you server and see whether the problem still reproduces?

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

It turns out that the issue was that I had didn't completely clear the files in the stage environment before pushing the new files.  Consequently, there were two additional files in the /App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder:

ContentViewConfig.contentViewControls.FrontendPages.views.FrontendPagesCreate.config
ContentViewConfig.contentViewControls.FrontendPages.views.FrontendPagesEdit.config

Removing these two files fixed the issue!

This thread is closed