List Content Type Item Categories Disappear

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:44

List Content Type Item Categories Disappear

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

In SF 4.4, when creating or editing a list item and specifying categories, saving or publishing the item does not retain the specified categories as with other content types.

Steps to reproduce problem:

1. Create a list item.
2. Expand "Categories" and check 1 or more categories.
3. Click "Done".
4. Click "Publish".
5. Go back into the list item's properties and none of the previously assigned categories are there.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.  

Unfortunately, I did not manage to reproduce this behavior on my side with 4.4RTM installed. Please see attached video and let me know if I'm missing something.  

Greetings,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Sonya,

Thanks, you are doing it as we are, however we still have the problem and are on the 4.4 release. Can you help us troubleshoot why this is occurring?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

Is this behavior appeared after an upgrade or clean install? From what version? Does this happen for all content types as News, Blogs, etc.? Is this behavior valid for all browsers?

Greetings,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2012 00:00

This is occurring on an upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4. The categories feature for the List content type was new to SF in 4.4, so we didn't have that ability prior. This issue affects only Lists, as we are able to successfully assign categories to all other content types, including content types created with the new Module Builder.

Here is a video screen capture.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,Thank you for providing us with the additional information. 

I've managed to reproduce the problem locally and, the problem appears only after upgrade.  The issue is logged in our system and forwarded for fixing.  You can monitor the status of the bugs in our issue tracking system PITS. The issue ID is 9209. 
As a workaround I suggest that you do the following:
1. Go to List items and click Custom fields for list items  link
2. Click 'Add a field...' button
3. Under Add a field  dialog

• select Type=Classification
  • select Classification=Categories
  • enter  Name=Category
  • select  Interface widget for selecting classification items = Tree-like selector (select from a tree)
4. Click Continue
5. Click Done
Do the same for Tags. 
6. Save changes

This should fix the problem.

I  updated your Telerik points

Greetings,
Sonya
the Telerik team

This thread is closed