Problems with RSS feeds across different browsers - especial

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:42

Problems with RSS feeds across different browsers - especially IE

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could help me with an issue i've got with a new RSS feed I set up for my blog. The blog is www.etax.com.au/blog and I've created the rss feed and added it to the right side column.

I have been testing it across most browsers. It works fine in Firefox and Opera... when I click on the feed, I am linked through to the subscribe page in both browsers. I haven't bothered with Chrome as I understand it doesn't have a default reader built in.

However, during testing I encountered issues in both Internet Explorer 9 and Safari.

IE9: whenever I click the link in IE9 the page feeds page simply reloads and adds an extra /Feed/ into the URL... continually clicking on the RSS icon continues to add extra /Feed/ to the URL.

Safari: When I click on the feed in Safari I am taken to the "feed" page but there are no articles that show, even though we've published 20+ blog entries.

Any help that anyone can provide, especially with my problems in Internet Explorer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashley

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

Please try the following steps:
1. Go to Administration>Feeds & Notifications and select your RSS feed.
2. Click on Actions link and select Run.
Check whether or not the articles have appeared.

In case the steps above dont help try to delete and then recreate your RSS feed.

Regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed