'Combine stylesheet resources' =False results in Scr

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:23

'Combine stylesheet resources' =False results in ScriptManager HttpException [4.4.2117]

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hey,

I created a blank v.4.4.2117 project (out-of-the-box, no styling or custom code). Dropped a navigation widget and a language selector on a standard masterpage and created an empty page using that template.

Now if I go to Admin >> Settings >> Advanced >> Pages and set "Combine style sheet resources" to false, I'm hitting a 'Scriptmanager object is not set to a reference' http exception. If I set the resources to True, the page loads correctly...

Jochem

Hi,

I have tested this following the steps you described. Created a new page template based on master page, dropped navigation and language selector on it and created a page. Disabled combining of stylesheets and the page loaded without a problem.
The problemn comes from disabling In-line editing. In this case in-line editing was loading script manager to the page because the editing functionality required it, Without this loaded it was not finding a script manager. The issue is resolved by adding script manager to the master page as shown here

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hey Stanislav,

Thanks for the swift response!
And thanks for the link, although in this case I'm using the standard Sitefinity '1 column header, content, footer' masterpage and no custom template.

Which would mean that if I didn't want my stylesheets combined, I'd have to set the properties for each page manually to check the 'Include Radscriptmanager' box.

So I just wanted to point the bug out so you'll be able to fix it in the (hopefully) 2012 Q1 release.

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for the additional info I have logged the bug. 

This is caused because Include RadScript Manager option in page properties is only added to a page when there are widgets placed directly to the page. In this case there are no widgets placed on the page (they are all on the template).

A workaround is to add a widget on the page or select the checkbox "include Rad Script Manager" in Actions->Title & Properties of the page or add a widget on the page which will do this automatically.

The problem is not caused by "Combine style sheet resources", but by disabling in-line editing which is adding script manager in order to function. 

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2012 00:00

Hey Stanislav,

Thanks for the clarification, now I understand what you meant in the previous post with the problem being 'disabling in-line editing'. And now it makes sense as well!

Jochem

This thread is closed