Page does not load, front or backend

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:30

Page does not load, front or backend

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

I have a page that I'm troubleshooting. I didn't work with it but I'm having to take a look at it. This was done in Sitefinity 4.2.
When a user clicks on navigation to go to a page, nothing happens. Everything remains still except for the 'loading' green bar. Other then that the page doesn't time out and it just keeps loading.
When I log into the back end, I click the page to attempt to open it and again, green bar only and nothing loads.
What is the best way to troubleshoot this? I wanted to duplicate the page and then dissecting it so I have two questions, how can I duplicate this page and how can I remove page information?

thanks in advance,

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2012 00:00

Dear Charles
I usually use fiddler2.com to get a first look on what is going on.
If you go to titles & properties of the page, can you check if there are multiple ULRs allowed and if maybe one of them is the same as the page URL which would force the page to loop. We had that a while ago.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

The page is probably entering an infinite loop, so can you please do what Marcus suggested? Also, such behaviour can be caused by Mozilla Firefox 6 amd 6+ and SItefinity 4.2, for which we released a hotfix, so if this is the problem - you can just apply the hotfix or upgrade the project. 

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed