sitefinity 4.4 on II7.5 and Media service 4.1

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:09

sitefinity 4.4 on II7.5 and Media service 4.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

after i install Media Service 4.1 for II7.0 i can´t use Sitefinity any more. I get an error when i will create Pages. ---Internal Server error 500--- . When i deinstall Media Service i can use the CMS.

It´s importend for us to have Media Service installed. We will publish Smooth streaming Videos for learning.

Thanks Jens

Hey Jens,

I opened a support ticket beginning november with the same issue, the problem is caused by the 'LiveStreamingHandler', disable that from the IIS modules and you'll get SF working properly again without going through all the hassle of uninstalling/installing Media Services...

Official reply from Telerik on the 16th of november "Thank you for reporting this issue. We will investigate it further to discover what might cause this issue. It looks like some incompatibility with the mentioned IIS Media Services."

Funny enough earlier this week I asked if they've had more reports or a further update, the subsequent reply was "Unfortunately we still do not have a resolution for this and I'm afraid noone else reported this problem as well. There is a known issue with streaming videos in Sitefinity - we do not support properly this streaming on iPhone and iPad devices - here is the public PITS URL:
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/details/Issue=8712
"

Good luck,
Jochem.

Thanks for fast reply.

But the handler for fast streaming is a must for us.
So maybee the sitefinity CMS is wrong Solution for us.

I ´am in evaluation Phase at the moment.

Thanks Jens  

Hey Jens,

Just so you are aware... 
The smooth streaming is handled by a different module than live streaming. The one you need (pre-record and then put online) is working perfectly with Sitefinity, the 'LiveStreamingHandler' is used for realtime recording, transcoding and broadcasting through IIS.

Live streaming needs smooth streaming, but smooth streaming can run on its own.

Jochem.

Aha,

do you have a tip how to remove livetreaming handler.
It´s new for me. I have made some test with Project i build with expression encoder 4.And this is why i installed media Services 4.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2012 00:00

On a 'server' level (more or less permanent) open up IIS Manager, click your server and on the 'functional view tab' double-click modules. Then locate it and right-click delete. (see screenshots)

Perhaps easier in terms of undo is to open the web.config for your Sitefinity project and under <modules> add the line <remove name="LiveStreamingHandler"  />. (see screenshot)

By using the web.config method, you'll still keep the LiveStreamingHandler installed on the server, but you'll just disable it for the Sitefinity project.

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2012 00:00

Thanks for the tips.

I will test it when i ám back in office. At the moment i on a business trip in soutern germany.

This thread is closed