Sitefinity Manager freezes, then crashes

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:31

Sitefinity Manager freezes, then crashes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

I was recently working on a project and when sitefinity became unresponsive.  I tried refreshing the page and was unsuccessful. I tried restarting the sitefinity manager and it was unable to login.  The log in itself was completely unresponsive, even with incorrect log in information - nothing happened.  I tried restarting my machine and running sitefinity manager but it continued to be unresponsive at the log in screen.  I tried creating a new project but the manager became unresponsive at the create database screen.

I'm completely baffled.  What I was doing when it froze was nothing I hadn't done before.  I was simply relocating a folder within VS.  Any useful ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Tyler,

The behaviour you experience is indeed strange.

After you have closed all connections and applications related to Sitefinity, have you tried to open and run the project using Visual Studio? What was the folder you were trying to move in VS when the system stopped responding?

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

I tried running the project inside VS and it builds and runs successfully with no errors.  However, when I attempt to log in using the sitefinity project manager I still get a completely unresponsive log in screen.

The folder that I was moving about the time this started happening was a menu folder that contained small images needed to build a menu.  I originally placed it in the theme folder.  However, it would not work correctly so I moved it out of that folder and into the project's root folder.  This did not work either so I moved it back.  I would think it strange that moving a folder like that in VS would cause SFM to slow down, freeze, then crash.  However, 4.4 isn't a perfect build so it could be anything.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Tyler,

Maybe the project manager was troubled because some of the resources in the App_Data folder ( assuming that your theme is located in the App_Data folder ) while it was running both in VS and PM ( again assuming that you were running the project in PM and editing it in VS at the same time ). What I can suggest you is to remove the project from the PM and add it again or you can use Visual Studio to run and edit the project.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

I found the solution.  Some how javascript was disabled in IE so it wouldn't allow me to do anything where javascript was present.  I put the url into firefox and it works fine.  I then found where javascript had been disabled and enabled it.  Problem solved.

This thread is closed