Category sorting bug

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:41

Category sorting bug

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,
On managing categories, moving a category up or down seems not functioning properly.
I am trying to move a category that has child categories but sometimes it does not move.
Also category selector lists categories reverse order (e,g. on creating a news item page categories are listed in reverse order)
Kind Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Mahmut,

Thank you for reporting the improper ordering of categories in the back-end. The problem in my opinion is related to subcategories. They are the ones that can't be moved up and down. I've logged this behavior as a bug in our system and we'll make sure to fix it in our future releases.
 On your second point, I couldn't reproduce the issue with the categories selector that you mentioned. Categories in the categories selector are ordered the same way as in the Categories module. Please refer to the attached screenshots.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,
I have made more tests on category ordering and it is not in reverse order indeed it is completely random ordered (might be sorted by creation date on category selector)
Please check attached screenshot.
Kind Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2012 00:00

@Jen

I just saw this thread and wanted to jump in to let you know the taxonomy ordering is already a PITS issue, #7761 so perhaps its wiser to raise the vote count instead of opening another bug report. 

The BE selecting of taxonomies (category/departments) is also in PITS already, #8469

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi guys,

@Mahmut, I couldn't reproduce what you reported. Take a look at the screenshots, attached in my previous post. In Sitefinity 4.4 categories in the categories selector are ordered the same way as in the Categories module. Are you using the same version of Sitefinity?

@Jochem, thank you for the PITS links. Actually, that's what I did. I updated the internal bug report with the additional information, provided by @Mahmut. This way our developers team will be able find the best suiting solution to the problem. Thanks again! :)

Kind Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed