Russian Langage charackter set bug?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:44

Russian Langage charackter set bug?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

We have installed four languages for our web site with no problem. After added languages our customer informs us about russian uppercase problem. As you can see in the attachment files russian language added with lowercase. Is this a bug or did we do something wrong?

Not: We did not use custom LanguageWidget. We use default widget settings. 
Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Levent,

Could you please let me know which version of Sitefinity you are using and which version of the language pack you've downloaded? I just checked in the latest Russian language pack, the string "Russian" there is translated "Русский" with a capital P.
I just need to verify the versions and I'll take it further right away.

Regards,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Dear  Grisha,
We use 4.4 version. (first 4.2 than upgraded to 4.4)
I did not download any language pack. Should I download ? If necessary could you please send me link?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi again, Levent!

The language packs could be downloaded from the Sitefinity marketplace. You can view all of them here.

This is the direct link for the Russian language pack and this is the guide on installing an additional language pack.

I hope that helps, Levent! If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to get back to us at your convenience!

Kind regards,
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,
Yesterday I have found this article on sitefinity and I fallowed instructions as you said but nothing changed. 
Also your article said "this is for backend languages" My problem happened on front end page. 
You can see live website on  http://www.alibey.com/club-manavgat you can see Russian fonts on the top of the page.
Is it a possibility to change Russian texts in database or something like that?

Thanks

Dear Levent

The language titles come from .Net framework and are displayed the way they are by default. 
There is a workaround to change that, using css (with the css widget). You can select the Language Selector control and change the style of the item you want (and apply capital letter to it).

.someclass

text-transform:capitalize;

Another option is using java script widget and jqeury 

$(this).val(value.toUpperCase()); 
where you call string.ToUpperCase method of the selected value.
The third option is a custom widget that inherits from LanguageSelectorControl
I hope that helps.
Best wishes,
Svetoslav Petsov 
the Telerik team 

UNQUOTE

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/language-selector-capitalization.aspx 

Hope that helps.

I had the problem also and it realy would be nice if they would all start with an capital letter.

Markus

PS: 
During a recent password audit, the IT discovered a new employee was using the following password:.

MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofySacramento.

When they asked why such a long password, she said she was told that it had to be at least 8 characters long and include at least one capital!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,
Thanks for help. I added text-transform:capitalize into my css class. This works perfect.
Thank you again.

.sflanguagesHorizontalList .sflanguageItem

text-transform:capitalize;

Dear Levent
Thank's for taking the time to post you solution. Stuff like this will help others.
Glad you could solve it - Thank's for Teleriks initial answer.
Markus

I am glad Markus was able to help you out, Levent!

Markus, enjoy your telerik points both for this thread and for the one with the reported hardcoded/problematic labels!

Greetings,
the Telerik team

Dear Greg
It was not not me. It was Teleriks solution so buy Svetoslav Petsov a coffee for my points ;-)
Telerik does so much help and work outside from one would expect that I am gladly trying to give some back. You know I am usualy upsetting more people then I help :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

I forwarded your regards to Svetoslav, I think we should start a fanclub for him, he is getting credit for his help on a daily basis.

Although I would never oppose a client, I beg to differ in your statement that you are upsetting anyone - you have been a tremendous help throughout the evolvement of Sitefinity and your feedback and reports have played an important role in the improvement of the system.

Something, which the whole Sitefinity team is thankful for!

Greetings,
the Telerik team

This thread is closed