Deleting draft version has broken the page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:07

Deleting draft version has broken the page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

We had a page that was published. Then we edited the page and saved it as draft. The change we made was changing the template which broke the page (this is another issue, for another day) so we went to Revision History and deleted the drafts version, leaving just the published version in place.

Now we can't edit the page at all as when we try to view it we get the error message below. It's worth noting that on the page list the page still shows as "Draft (newer than published)" even though we have deleted those draft versions.

Error is:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Sequence contains more than one matching element

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element]
   System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +2717690
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Lifecycle.Model.LifecycleExtensionsModel.GetTempItem(ILifecycleDataItemLive liveItem) +86
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Lifecycle.LifecycleDecorator`2.GetTemp(TDraft draftItem) +46
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Lifecycle.LifecycleDecorator`2.CheckOut(TDraft masterItem, CultureInfo culture) +69
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.EditPage(Guid pageDataId, CultureInfo culture) +124
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.EditPage(Guid pageDataId, Boolean lockIt, CultureInfo culture) +26
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.EditPage(Guid pageDataId, Boolean lockIt) +32
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageEditorRouteHandler.GetPageData(SiteMapNode node) +885
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) +120
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageEditorRouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) +39
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +8952632
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Is this a bug? What can we do to get our page working again?

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Nick,

We have answered you in the support ticket you have opened. Please provide ( if possible ) the requested information so we can get to the bottom of the issue and get your page working again.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi I am experiencing a similar problem, could you please give the solution. the version is 4.3.1885

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello Nick,

I can see in our system that a colleague of mine is handing your support ticket request. If it is ok for you, I would suggest to continue our communication in the support ticket so we can address proper resources for resolving the issue. After the problem is being resolved, you can share the information with the community.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2014 00:00

To fix this problem just go to the draft table (sf_draft_pages) in the SQL DB, and remove all records for this specific page that contains flag  is_temp_draft = 1 .

delete from   sf_draft_pages
WHERE        (page_id = 'AB3A4477-C33E-6444-B2E5-FF0000444C51') and is_temp_draft=1

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi,

Tarek El-Mallah approach, didnt worked for me.

On my case this happened because I changed the name of a Layout in Feather Boostrap Layout Folder. I went to backoffice(was not giving the error) associated the pages to the correct layout name, deleted the old name layout. and the error disappeared.

Best Regards,

Nelson

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2016 00:00

Hello Nelson,

Thank you for the shared solution with the community. 

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed