Unable to Edit Page Template

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:20

Unable to Edit Page Template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

I have attached a screen shot of page widget that I'm attempting to edit.  It seems that all of the widgets are disabled for editing.  I also have a box with a white border that appears at the top of the screen.  Inside the box is the name of my template and underneath it is the text "product list".  I'm not really sure what the problem is here.  I've gone through master page in VS a dozen times and everything seems to check out.  I can preview the page but I can't publish the page, delete the page or go back to templates.  Anyone have any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Tyler,

It looks like there is a JavaScript error that prevents the entire zone editor to work properly. Could you use Firebug to see what is the error that is fired in the console?

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Dear Taylor

Just a wilde guess. Did you add, remove or rename any ContentPlaceHolders in your masterpage? 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2012 00:00

Yes, I renamed one of the contentplaceholders and it seems that's what caused the problem.  I went back to a previous version of the master page and found what I had previously name it.  Good catch! Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2012 00:00

Dear Tyler

You know what they say: Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn.

Glad you could solve it.
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi

I've got an error on my main template  that is stopping me editing anything - 'It looks like there is a JavaScript error that prevents the entire zone editor to work properly.'

How do I get to delete the widget if I can't edit the page in the backend? I can't afford to delete and recreate the template as it is the master one.

Urgent help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Cheers

Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2014 00:00

I'm having the same issue as well (see link below). Any additional changes with this issue from anyone?

plus.google.com/.../4VvHpzZEnSb

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi all,

Could you please check whether there are any JavaScript errors in the browser console? This could be caused by loading another version of jQuery or other scripts that may cause a conflicts. Please, also check if any ContentPlaceHolders have not been renamed, as suggested by Markus.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello,

I also have this problem as I can't edit widgets on a page or perform any other actions .

What's the solution to this. Find attached my screenshot

Hi,

Could you please check the browser cosole errors? They are not visible in the screenshot. Most probably an additional version of jquery is referenced from one of the widgets not using the resource links widget or some other script conflict is caused.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Nikola , but what's the solution?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello,

Please, check the following KB article. Please, check your controls and page template whether they reference jQuery or load other scripts that might be in conflict. Send us more information on the errors in the browser console if any.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2017 00:00

I'm having the same issue editing the page. I am using sitefinity 6.0.

i'm seeing the following error in the console. Anyone have any ideas ?

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

GET qual.sylvanlearning.com/.../edit 404 (Not Found)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2017 00:00

The most poorly designed CMS ever I used in the past 10 years.

There is no help and If allowed I could have given poison to the architecture. I am unable to call Delete action from controller to delete a fu***ing single row from last 8 hours. Telerik you die.

This thread is closed