Disable Embedded Scripts

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:26

Disable Embedded Scripts

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,
I'm using the "horizontaldropDown" menu on my website.
I've added EnableEmbeddedScripts="false" in my "Navigation.ascx":

<sf:ConditionalTemplate Left="NavigationMode" Operator="Equal" Right="HorizontalDropDownMenu" runat="server">
    <navcontrols:SiteMapNavigationMenu ID="siteMapControl_horizontaldropdownmenu" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedScripts="false" Skin="Sitefinity" />
    </navcontrols:SiteMapNavigationTabStrip>
</sf:ConditionalTemplate>

Since then, there is a javascript error on my pages:
"f is not a constructor" for Firefox, and for IE
"ScriptResource.axd(...)
Line: 2148
"

How can I resolve this? I read that I should perhaps add the missing files manually, but where can I do this?

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Sylvie,

I have responded to your question in your support ticket.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,
We have faced to same problem. Is there any solution to this situation?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,
We have faced to same problem. Is there any solution to this situation?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,

Disabling embedded scripts, in order to remove part of them, isn't a good idea, because then you'd have to add the disabled JavaScript resources from an external location. Please review this article in the RadControls documentation: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction-disabling-embedded-resources.html. If you disable the base scripts and you do not provide them manually you risk breaking the controls and all the client side functionality of this page, which is probably what happened in your case. It does not seem reasonable making customers add the scripts by themselves. However, if you decide to disable scripts and styles anyway, I would advice you to use the RadControls instead of the conditional template. You can create a RadRabStrip, RadMenu, PanelBar, RadTreeView navigations set
EnableEmbeddedSkins and EnableEmbeddedScripts to false and add all requires scripts manually, as shown in the above article.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed