URL Rerouting does not appear to work in SiteFinity Version 4.3.1885.0
I am attempting to create a User Friendly URL. So the Search Engines can index more easily and our customers can refere to it easily. So I first created a simple web form; outside the scope of the SiteFinity UI for a proof of concept. I also did this on my localhost (which does not use SiteFinity).
the localhost (.net 4.0) worked great.
The Sitefinity Site gave me the 404 page not found error.
Both global.asax files are wired the same; Both forms are wired exactly the same.
Is this a bug or is their a work around for this issue.
I used these two sites as references about how to do this:
Here is my Code Sample> OF COURSE IN a production environment I would use a SiteFinity
Page with a Custom Control inserted into the page using the UI.
OK...Yes it does work with a slight modification to my original global.asax code:
Found the little bit of magic at this URL.
which pointed me in the correct direction.