Menu link titles incorrect

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:47

Menu link titles incorrect

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

I'm using Sitefinity 4.2, and am having a problem with the link titles generated by the menu widgets. Some of them are working correctly, but on others, all of the links in the menu have the same title. By title, I mean the actual title in the anchor tag <a title="whatever">.

For example on this page: bajadesigns.com/.../ATV__and__UTV_PRODUCTS
On the vertical menu (its actually a horizontal menu turned vertical with CSS), each of the 4 links has the same title which you will see if you roll over them, "FUEGO 4 INCH RACELIGHTS"

But on some other pages using the same type of menu (bajadesigns.com/.../MOTORCYCLE_PRODUCTS), the link titles correctly correspond to that page's title.

Either there is a bug, or I don't realize where those titles are coming from, and need to edit them. I checked the page titles and don't see a problem there. Any help?

Dear Jenn
Can you check what your description of these 4 pages are. Could it be that you have "Fuego 4 inch racelights" as description and copied the pages and therefor have it in all 4 pages

@Telerik
Look at this page 4.4 http://www.wesag.ch/home and mouse over home. You will get the discription text in IE9 - is this really standard and smart - or am I doing something wrong :-)

Markus

Hi Markus,

These pages have no description. And I checked the titles to make sure that wasn't the problem. I don't know where the link titles are coming from, if they're not coming from the page title or URL. I did copy pages to create new pages, so it seems that some information may have been copied across all of the pages, but I just don't know where that information is or how to change it.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2012 00:00

@Jenn

What happens if you enter a description?
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

nothing changes if i add a description. i contacted sitefinity and they said sitefinity does not add link title attributes. weird.. cuz they're definitey there.

This thread is closed