You cannot delete a page that has child pages. Sitefinity 4.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:49

You cannot delete a page that has child pages. Sitefinity 4.3

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi
Version: Sitefinity 4.3

Issue: It seems that if you remove all the child pages from a page group, you still cannot delete the page group. It keeps coming up with the message "You cannot delete a page that has child pages" even though we've removed all the child pages.

Work Around: Convert the page to a standard page by disabling the "is a grouping page", save it, then delete it.

Regards,
Jacques

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Jacques,

Thank you for contacting us.

I couldn't reproduce what you reported as improper behavior. Please take a look at the video and let me know if the steps you performed were different. Also, is it possible that your website is in multilingual and when deleting the child pages of the group pages you somehow only deleted children of one language versions. In this case you won't be able to delete the group page, even if it doesn't have children itself. You need to delete the child page of its translated version first, otherwise you'll get a warning message, which states that you can't delete a parent page, without deleting its child page first. The reason is that when two pages are synchronized they represent one node. Thus, even if you have a child page only under one of them, it still means the node has a child page, which needs to be removed, in order to be able to delete it.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I've deleted all of the child pages, but it still says I cannot delete the item. 

Hi David,

Have you tried the workaround that I recommended, or perhaps there's a reason you don't want to do that? (Other than the fact that it shouldn't be doing that?) :)

Hi Jacques,

Yes - that was the first thing I tried. It removed the "group page" text, but still had the arrow. Oddly enough, I moved all of the pages to an unpublished group page I made called JUNK so I could just start working again, and that seems to have removed the arrows. I can delete now. Jeesh!

Glad you got it sorted.

This thread is closed