List field with numeric type rounds to integer

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:58

List field with numeric type rounds to integer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2012 00:00

In SF 4.4, if I create a custom field for a list, specify number as the type, and a precision of 5, when I enter a number such as 4.789 and save it, when you edit the item again, the number displayed is 5. 

In the DB, the column is specified as Decimal(20,0)

Hopefully there's a workaround--this is a showstopper for me.

Regards,
Mike Sharp

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Mike,

I was able to reproduce this issue not only in the List module but in other content modules as well. Unfortunately this looks like a bug on our side. I have logged a bug in our internal bug tracking system and have created a PITS issue - here is the public URL -

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/9514 

I have updated your telerik points for the discovery.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2012 00:00

Funny, I ran into this very problem yesterday with an ECommerce custom field.  I ended up opening the table in design mode and edttng the type by changing it to decimal(20, 1).  I had evey intention of posting a bug report when I saw your post. It fixed the problem and can't imagine it should cause any issues but you may want to wait for an official response from Telerik.

Steve 

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

Yes, this might fix the issue temporary but if you somehow upgrade your project or cause a model redefinition, OpenAccess will recreate the database field with its old definition.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

Lubomir,

I just checked and yes, you're right, it reverted to it's old definition.  Frankly, these type of bugs make the product virtually unusable.  The ecommerce module was extremely expensive for what it does.  And while I can appreciate the "it's new, we're improving it" replies, the current feature set SHOULD NOT have these simple bugs.  I now need to figure out how to get around this before the site goes live in 2 weeks. 

VERY frustrated--Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

I am sorry to hear about your frustration. I will make sure the fix for this bug gets pushed to production as soon as possible. Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

This won't help Steve's case, but number fields created in the Module Builder do not exhibit this behavior.  I was able to create a custom content type that way, replicating the built-in content type, and got the project moving forward again. 

Regards,
Mike Sharp

This thread is closed