File Not Found Exception

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:12

File Not Found Exception

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:00

I'm a new employee here, and I am trying to use Sitefinity locally so I can get up to speed on the software. I can create a new project, but then when I try to launch the project by double-clicking on the location, I get an error:

FileNotFoundException
Cold not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxxxxxx' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have installed the latest 4.4 version of Sitefinity on an older temporary laptop that belonged to several people prior to me, so I'm not sure what is already on this computer. Any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Bill,

Can you make sure that you have installed .NET on your machine, on which you are running Sitefinity and if you have verify that the application pool which is used by Sitefinity is .NET 4 app pool. In the meantime you  can also check our system requirements page:

www.sitefinity.com/.../system-requirements.aspx

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

Not having .net 4 installed was the problem. Thanks.

This thread is closed