Taxonomy Permissions Bug

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:35

Taxonomy Permissions Bug

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

I'm trying to restrict a certain role from managing categories.  For this role I deny all classification permissions.  However, because they are also authors I allow them to create news and event items.  The problem is when they go to create a news/event there is an option to assign and ADD a category.  The news module does not respect the permission settings for classification and they are allowed to add one.  Now, in their dashboard they don't have access to the categories module so in that sense the permissions are working.  However, this loophole makes the permissions ineffective.

I presume this due to the fact that the permissions are per module so the news module doesn't care what permissions are set for the categories module.

Are there plans to change this behavior?  Either add a subsection in news items permissions for categories or have the module reference the taxonomy permissions?  Are there any simple workarounds in the meantime to remove the "add category" link programmatically? 

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Charles,

I just tested this and it reproduces only on Sitefinity 4.4. This seems to be a regression bug, and I logged it into our system. Here's the PITS issue that you can follow:
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/9593 
I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will work on fixing the issue as soon as possible.
I updated your Telerik points for the Bug Report.

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

Thanks!

This thread is closed