Sorting photos in album doesn't work with a different pr

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:01

Sorting photos in album doesn't work with a different provider

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi support,

I've created a new provider for my image libraries.
I'm unable to sort images inside a particular album.

Is this a known issue? Otherwise I'd like to call it a bug. Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Daniel,

Sorting images in an album should be working as expected. I have tried to reproduce the problem on a new Sitefinity 4.4 project, by creating an album that is going to use the file system as a provider and uploaded few images. Then I was able to apply a custom sorting which was working for the items. Can you share with us more information about your experience?

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Victor,

I actually mean a dataprovider, not a storage provider. So I created a second OpenAccessDataProvider in the advanced settings.

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Daniel,

We have also created another database provider for another library and applied custom sorting to it as well ( title asc ). Please check the attached image.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Victor,

I can apply sorting based on the built-in fields, but if I want to manually order the images inside a specific album for this provider, then it doesn't work.

When clicking on 'Re-order images' from the album action menu, the images are not loaded and so I cannot change the order by drag 'n drop them.

Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Daniel,

The "Reordering" option in the backend is actually not for creating specific sorting for the images in the libraries. The order that you specify is used by the image widget, that you drop on a page. For the custom reordering in the backend you can use the custom sorting option on the top right side of the panel.

If the images do not show up, can you please verify that the images are accessible when using the new provider?

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Victor,

I don't understand. I want to order the images using this 'Re-Order' option in the backend. Then on the frontend I want to order the images as I've manually did in the backend.

So on the widget I choose the option: 'As they are ordered in image library'. (or in code, using the 'Ordinal' property).

That probably would work, but the actual ordering of the images in the backend isn't working?
Check the screenshot to see what I mean.

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Daniel,

This is most likely problem with your current setup, because the images that are in the album should be seen when you click Reorder images. Please check the screenshot that I have attached.

If possible please submit a ticket where you provide background information on the issue as well as login credentials for the project so we can inspect it.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed