Classification link - strange behaviour (Page not found)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:27

Classification link - strange behaviour (Page not found)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

i created some classifications and experienced a strange behaviour.
When the websites restarts (after an update) and i click on a custom category link (e.g. myweb.local/.../cat-2) i get an "Page not found" exception.

After clicking on one of the internal category links (e.g. myweb.local/.../cat-5), which works as expected, i simply reload the page mentioned above (myweb.local/.../cat-2) and from now on it works!
Any hints to make it work right after restarting the web?

Sitefinity 4.4.2117.0

Thanks
Matthias

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Matthias,

Can you go to Administration >> Settings >> Advanced >> Pages and check the EnableBackwardCompatibilityForPageUrls property. Let me know if this doesn't fix the issue.

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Svetoslav,

this changed the behaviour, but did not solve the issue.
I don't get the exception anymore, but my Blog posts don't get filtered by the chosen custom category. Again, if i reload the exact same page after clicking on an "internal" category, the filter works as expected.

Matthias

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Matthias,

Can you try reproducing this behaviour on a clean project and send me the exact steps for it? I tried to reproduce it with no avail.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Svetoslav,

couldn't reproduce it on a clean project either.  Don't know what went wrong in the other one.
Thanks for our help.

Matthias

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Matthias,

If you have further problems with this or if you find any pattern that we can use to reproduce the problem, do not hesitate to get back to me. 

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed