This type of page is not served.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:28

This type of page is not served.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

So I've searched and found tons of questions and answers on getting an error message stating: "This type of page is not served." However, none of the previous answers seem to relate to my issue.

I develop locally on my development machine. This is where I installed Sitefinity 4.4 and began development. The database is a development db on the network. All is well when I run it locally, however, when I push my code out to our staging server (pointing to the same development db), it gives us the "This type of page is not served" error.

The same problem happens in reverse as well. When we install it directly to the staging server, it runs just fine. When we then copy it locally to my development machine, it does not work.

I've double checked the permissions in the backed, and everything is as it should  be (anonymous users can see all front-end pages). One other thing is that we can actually get to the Sitefinity login page on staging, just the username and password doesn't work (but works locally).

Could someone help explain what's going on? Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Ron,

Can you tell us how did you push your code to the staging environment? If you have granted proper permissions for the account that is managing the SQL server as well as IIS, you should not be having any problems. You say that your login credentials do not work when trying to gain access to the backend on the staging environment - can you tell us, whether the system says that the credentials do not match, or you are getting other message?

Also can you please check if the role IDs in your projects SecurityConfig.config match the ones for column principal_id in the sf_permissions table in the database.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

So, your questions had me take a look at the SecurityConfig.config. We have a custom tool that automatically pushes our files from TFS to our staging server. The logs showed that it was copying over, however, when I actually opened it up, it was not the same. Our tool only copies over files that are changed and marked as read only, and those.config files were not marked read only.

Once we set the whole site to read only, the tool copied over everything as it should be. However, I'm not sure what problems that might cause, if any, with the backed (users, permissions, etc.).

Thanks for your help! I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

Hi Ron,

Glad to hear that the issue was resolved. Please note that worker process must have proper read / write permissions over the App_Data folder where the configuration files can be found, in order to function properly.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed