All Pages Locked Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:21

All Pages Locked Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Guys,

Please bare with me as I don't really use SiteFinity much myself. We have an issue reported that no one seems to be able to get around. When you login as any user no pages are shown as locked. However when you go into any page and attempt to save or publish it states that the page is locked by user (even the user you are logged in as).

I tried creating a brand new page (admin rights), saved it and and was told that I couldn't as it was locked by me.

Can you please let us know how we can rectify this issue asap it is pretty urgent due to preventing users from updating the website.

Thanks as always for your help.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Elliot,

This is a strange issue and not a common problem with Sitefinity. If it is not too much trouble could you give us access to your backend so we could login there and see for ourselves what exactly is going on?

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the reply. Are you just looking for a login to the system or access to the server sitefinity is hosted on?

The easiest way to access would most probably be via a gotomeeting webex if that suits you?

Thanks.

Hello Elliot,

For a remote assistance please check the following URL - http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/support/express-remote-assistance.aspx 

I would need access directly to your backend - possible with an administrative credentials, so I could verify the cause of this problem.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks. That should be fine. I have access to everything but don't know a great deal about it unfortunately.

Let me know when is a good time to schedule the webex. I'm in the UK so only available between the hours of 9am and 5pm GMT.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Elliot,

Could you please review the link that I sent you - you need to buy credits and then you can schedule a time for the meeting? Please let us know when you are ready to proceed with the meeting.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

Thanks for your response.

So as I understand it in order for you to take a look at an issue with YOUR software I have to pay a minimum of $399?

What if the issue turns out to be a bug in the product or has been caused by non user error, do I get a refund on the monies I have to pay in order for you to even have a look at the problem?

I would appreciate it if you can let me know as this problem is preventing all use of the Sitefinity software.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Elliot,

We can take a look at the issue, although if you want a remote desktop session then you have to agree to the conditions mentioned in this link. You actually need to buy a minimum of 2 hours of remote session so the price would be 2 x $399.

A page becomes locked when some user - e.g. an Editor opens the page for edit and closes the browser without saving the changes. A Temp version of the page is created and the page actually becomes "locked" when there is a Temp version. An Administrator however can unlock the page.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed