Community editon displays trial version message

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:31

Community editon displays trial version message

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2012 00:00

I am using the community editon of Sitefinity 4.4 (I chose community edition when creating the project and under Version and Licensing it says  Edition:     Community Edition ), but sometimes when I'm browsing the pages it displays a gray page with a message that says I am using the trial version and need to click to continue to the page. Is that normal behaviour?

I created the site in the project manager, and deployed it on a windows server 2008 machine running iis 7, exactly following the deployment tutorial video by Telerik.

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2012 00:00

A

Are you accessing it via the IP? It only works when you access it via teh domain name that the license is against. Also, have you downloaded teh license file from your Telerik account and properly applied it to your project? If you have then make sure you refresh the project properly. Hope it helps,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2012 00:00

Tried it with a domain and it works. Accessing through the server via localhost/ also works. Thanks for your help Andrei.

Imho, the community edition being free should logically allow us to test/access remotely via server IP without showing trial version messages. Also, when registering a domain for your license, the domain rules page states IP addresses are allowed but it does not seem to be the case, tried it and it does not work that way.

Also a small detail but version 4.4 shows the trial version message referring to version 4.3.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2012 00:00

I know what you are saying A. I would add it to the suggestions threads. About it saying 4.3 rather than 4.4, I guess they will correct that after reading this thread. Glad it worked for you.
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello guys,

Our licensing system works with domain names, not IP addresses; Sitefinity resolves the DNS addresses thus associating a particular domain with a IP which we assume is your host server IP.

As for the problem with the wrong trial message, it has been logged as a bug. Here's a the PITS item.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2013 00:00

I have the Sitefinity community license that was automatically generated in App_Data/Sitefinity, but I am still getting the trial message. Could this be because I have added some MVC custom controls? This thread made it seem that I needed to register the domain at Sitefinty.com and download a license, but I don't see anywhere to do that. Please direct! I'd like to use Community for a tech blog and write about SF controls. 

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2013 00:00

Apptain,

Community licenses can be generated from the license management page.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2013 00:00

Telerik Support,

We have registered the domain name that Sitefinity will be under however we are sill getting the Trial splash screen. I've attached two screenshots, our registered domain with our Sitefinity Community Version as well as the license screen from our Sitefinity Version and Licensing in the backend. Your help and support would greatly be appreciated on this.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Stephen,

Is the project currently running under the respective domain name or it's currently under development and running on another temporary domain? If this is the case, that's why you're getting the trial message.

Please, have in mind that the Community edition license agreement does not allow commercial use of this edition.

Regards,
Todorka Rainova
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed