Can't change Backend Page details in the UI

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:07

Can't change Backend Page details in the UI

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2012 00:00

I wanted to chuck newsletters under Administration since we won't really use them, and that means I needed to set the ShowInNav property to false...however you can't do that at all in the UI as the name in the inputbox is a resource name and that fails the regex for saving.

(Just a heads up, this would be nice to fix, so we don't have to do it via code)

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

If you want to hide a module instead of deleting the module all together, you can go into Adminstration -> Backend pages -> Adminstration -> go to the pages you wish to hide -> click on Actions -> Title & Properties -> uncheck "Show in navigation." This will hide the module in the backend. You also can delete pages but this may destroy your backend pages.

Please let us know if you have anymore questions.

Regards,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2012 00:00

Hey Grace,
  Yeah that's what I was doing :)

It looks like the problem is that the "Title for search engines" (when filled in with a resource name) blocks saving of the page

So for example the Newsletter Overview page if you edit it, this is the name in there
$Resources: NewslettersResources,Newsletters

...trying to save generates this

The 'Title for search engines' contains invalid symbols. 

So clearly no search engine will be indexing my backend, so if I remove that text I instead get this
The 'Title for search engines' contains invalid symbols. Title for search engines cannot be empty. 

...so since it needs something, and will never be indexed by google it'd be safe to just enter ANYTHING in there, and I can...but it's blocking user input really if someone didn't know that.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

You can control which symbols are allowed by modifying the default regular expression. I have included a link to a forum thread which goes into further detail.

Please let us know if you have anymore questions. We will be glad to assist.

Kind regards,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:00

Right, sure I could :). ...but again not an issue for me anyway. Shouldn't this be adjusted so it doesnt always happen anyway? PITS perhaps?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

There is a open PITS issue that address this issue. You can go and vote to raise its priority.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

All the best,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

This thread is closed