Template ordering in 4.4.2117

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:12

Template ordering in 4.4.2117

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2012 00:00

Has this regressed in 4.4.2117?  I have multiple websites where the templates aren't in alpha order.  The most difficult part about it is when selecting a template for a new page.  It's a grid of randomly ordered templates.  I tried posting in this thread but perhaps it's too old.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

You can specify the default SortExpression applied to the page templates list view by going to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> ContentView-> Controls -> FrontendPageTemplates -> Views -> FrontendPageTemplatesListView and modify the value for Sort expression (by default LastModified DESC) to Title DESC for example.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2012 00:00

This didn't work in 4.4.2117.  I thought I'd try in 5.0 SP1 since we've been working toward upgrading.  It still does not work in 5.0 SP1...  Quite frankly this is hard for me to fathom.  Telerik makes the greatest grids on the planet.  In fact my love for RadControls is how I discovered Sitefinity.  Yet throughout the entire Sitefinity backend you can't click a column to sort.  I can't do a search for users.  If the list of templates would at least default to some kind of sorting it could be usable.  

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2012 00:00

This still isn't working on our end. We tried:

Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> ContentView-> Controls -> FrontendPageTemplates -> Views -> FrontendPageTemplatesListView to "Title ASC"

Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> ContentView-> Controls -> BackendPageTemplates -> Views -> BackendPageTemplatesListView to "Title ASC"

We also tried changing "Disable sorting" to False for both.

Nothing has changed on our side. We are still seeing a haphazard Template sorting as shown in the attached image. You'll see that there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to the order whatsoever. It's not using alphabetical or even publication date because each block of the templates, such as Government, were created one after another.

Please help as with a list this long, it is very confusing and inefficient for the user.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello all,

We will do our best to fix this problem for ou upcoming release Sitefinity 5.3. In the mean time you can vote and track the status of the bug in PITS on the following URL.

Apologies for the inconvenience the problem cause you.

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed