The system is restarting... Please wait a few seconds. You w

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:46

The system is restarting... Please wait a few seconds. You will be redirected automatically.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi

I have a fresh install of Sitefinity 4.4 Professional. I have been tasked with evaluating Sitefinity 4, we're currently on 3.6 and need to move to a load balanced environment sooner rather than later so are required to upgrade to the $8000 professional version.

I am trying to create a demo site which is proving to be impossible. I have ended up deleting and re-creating the project from scratch at least 4 times today.

I get to a point where I am uploading a user control and I get the following error:

"Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information"

I hit refresh to be presented with the following error:

The system is restarting... Please wait a few seconds. You will be redirected automatically.

However it only redirects back to itself and never redirects to the working version. So I now have a site that sits there refreshing indefinitely and displaying the above. I've trawled the forums and indeed google and have not found a solution. The other issue is that even your Sitefinity Project Manager tool crashes with alarming regularity. 

Do you have any suggestions for resolving the 2 errors above?

I've used Sitefinity for the past 5 years and I have to say I am totally dismayed with what I've seen today and seriously have to consider other CMS's going forward as this seems to be a buggy and unfinished effort which has nearly doubled in price since the earlier versions.

Hey Brin, Can you elaborate on "uploading a usercontrol"? Like are you copying an acsx to the webroot, or putting a DLL in the bin folder? Steve

Hi Steve

I've created a very basic menu control in ~/controls. I've been in admin>settings>advanced and created a toolbox container and then registered in the container if that makes sense.

I've restarted the web server, tried on both cassini and the sitefinity one (I guess they are similar anyway).

I had similar issues when using a masterpage and when creating a theme, in those 2 cases I flattened the project and started from scratch. However the errors do not seem to be very consistent as when I repeated the process it worked fine. So would like to think if I did the same then the user control would work. However this is not an evaluation of how it will be used in reality so would rather resolve than go down the brute force route of starting again!

Have you fired up VS2010 and compiled the project after uploading? Its a webapp project so the type you register in the setting needs to be compiled. It should save the toolbox.config for you in appdata...can you open that and paste in the line you added in the UI?

Steve

Yeah I noticed it was an app rather than a site as with 3.6. I did a rebuild in VS2010, I also did a clean and rebuild as a last ditch effort to no avail!

It looks as though the toolbox config has been populated correctly:

<add enabled="True" title="Navigation" description="Navigation" name="Navigation">
<tools>
<add enabled="True" type="~/Controls/Menu.ascx" title="Menu" description="Menu" visibilityMode="None" name="Menu" />
</tools>
</add>

Brin

Ah,hmmm....I think perhaps clean and rebuild might be the issue (perhaps). I kow rebuild definatly causes issues as itll delete some DLLs from the bin folder. Go to your project manager folder, locate the folder called _emptyproject, copy all the files from bin and paste them into your new projects bin folder then build again (not rebuild)

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:00

I've replaced the dlls, done a build it now works again.

So it appears that a rebuild kills off around 15 dlls, I would have thought they would all be linked so doing a rebuild is not an issue, I'm obviously wrong!

Thanks for you help

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:00

I have pulled out so much hair from my head about this 'Rebuilding' issue. I still forget it sometimes. So I always have another new project ready just in case I need the DLLs.

This thread is closed