create page / page not found

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:01

create page / page not found

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2012 00:00

Good day,
   Recently we have started coming up with an error when we attempt to create a page.  No changes have been made to web,config file etc..  We go to pages, then create a page. Fill out the info and click on create and add content. This is where we get the Page Not Found error. Image of error attached. We go back to pages and the page is there but as a draft.  Click on draft page and we can now edit and publish it. Page will show in menu right away but takes awhile for it to show live, get a 404 error if we click on the menu link right away.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:00

That's the bad thing about AJAX, you never know when its ready for you or not. You never know if its doing something or not, unless there is a progress bar implemented. So then you have to implement progress bars everywhere which defeats teh purpose. Can't wait for Sitefinity 5.1 when speed meets AJAX. That will be nice.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

I have a very similar situation on a client site where suddenly it isn't possible to create different language versions of two existing pages. The sequence of actions and the error message is precisely the same as in Rob's case, except we can't edit the page at all after it bombs with the "Page not found" error. Each time we try to edit the draft that has been created before the exception was thrown, we get "Page not found" again.

Not sure where to look for potential causes anymore. The log files don't recored anything other than the details shown in Rob's screenshot and there are no inner exceptions ...

Did anyone else have this problem and find a solution?

Cheers,

Hardy

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

Update: the situation originally occurred on Sitefinity 4.3.1885.0. I just upgraded the project to the latest version (5.0.2523.0) to see if the problem would be gone but it is still there.

Regards,

Hardy

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2012 00:00

HI Team Telerik,

I am also facing the same issue. We have migrated the project from 3.7sp4 to 4.4 version, we have started receiving page not found error for many pages on edit and also on view. What might be the possible problem?

If few people are facing this issue, why is Sitefinity Team reluctant to reply to all these?

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

here is a potential remedy for this issue which I received from support:

Check if the *parent* page of the problematic page has translated versions and if so, make sure that their URLs are different and not the same, i.e. the English parent page URL is ~/my-parent-page and the German, Spanish or whatever language page URL is *not* ~/my-parent-page but something else instead, such as ~/my-spanish-parent-page. Then you should be able to create the desired child page(s) without problem.

This resolved the problem in my case. Hope this helps in your situation, too.

Cheers,

Hardy

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Hardy,

Thanks for your reply. I do not have a multi lingual site, so URLs with same name would not be an issue in my case.

I tried creating an empty parent and now I am able to view some pages, which were redirected to page not found and few pages I was able to view not redirect to Page not found.

I dont have an understanding, about the way it has migrated the system from 3.7sp4 to 4.4 version.

Any inputs from team Telerik?

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello guys,

I have started investigating the problems that you have, so would you please write down the exact urls that you have and then get 404? Do you have some additional urls added in 3.7, before the migration?

I am working on the problems you have discussed and will stay in touch with you in this topic.

All the best,

Dimitar Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2012 00:00

Thanks for the suggestion Siddesh. Our site is unilingual and still having the problem.

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2012 00:00

Hi Team Telerik,

Yes. I have additional URLs for almost all the pages. The URLs aare relative (starting with '~/').
Let me explain you the scenario with an example.
I migrate all the pages, The pages are migrated. Say there are around 10 pages in my start node.
Each node has additional 10 pages. Few pages in the sub node work and few do not. To get the pages to work, I create another sub node and move the pages from one node to another. It works fine.

Now in this case, Few other pages from the moved pages stop working and the other (earlier which were not working) start working. So my problem remains the same.

Also, I have most of the additional URLs with .aspx extension. After some research, i came across that URLs with extesnsions DO NOT work in 4.x version. (Dont know why this was not supported, if earlier versions had it).
So, How do I get the additional URLs to work with extensions?

Another issue I face is with Image gallery. For 3.7sp4 versions, it was all about the guids. Now, in this case, even if I select the URL from media library for content block, the images are not displayed. There is some replacement that happens when, the Page level Content Block is saved.

It is really been an misery with the upgrade process and few functionalities being removed.

Please help ASAP in this as we as a cuustomer can wait for your research not not the CLIENT.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2012 00:00

Hello guys,

Would you please open a ticket for your problem and send me your project and I'll take a look at it and investigate the possible reason for this.

All the best,

Dimitar Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2012 00:00

Hi Team Telerik,

The size of the DB is around 1 GB. And the code would be around 50MB inclusing all the DLLs.

How can this be provided?

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2012 00:00

Hi Siddesh,

Would you please open a ticket and mention there that you have a large DB and project and we'll provide you with FTP where to upload all of your data. This message is addressed to Rob, too.

Thank you

Greetings,

Dimitar Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2012 00:00

I work with Rob. Unfortunately due to the sensitive nature of our intranet material, we cannot upload our database to you. We have not created additional URLs for any of our pages. It seems to be a threading issue - we can get to the page later, it just seems to be trying to access the page before it has actually finished being created.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2012 00:00

Hello Tanya,

Thank you for getting back to me.

If you get a 404 error, it means that the page url was not resolved properly and so the page was not found. Do you try to use an extension in the url?Sorry, but I am not able to reproduce your problem, so as a vendor of the software product you're using, we could agree on signing an NDA with your company, so you can feel secure about your project data, just let us know.

Looking forwards to your reply.

Regards,
Dimitar Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed