cannot upload file - row not found

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:30

cannot upload file - row not found

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2012 00:00

Good day,
   Currently we ran into a problem of not being able to upload files to libraries. No problem in the past to any of these libraries and no permission changes etc.. have been made to the libraries. We now get an error "Row not found:GenericOID@3f36dedb document.library content_id=a2579b8c....." Image attached of complete error. Checked databse and the content id does exist with the name of the library etc.

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Rob,

This can be caused if your Sitefinity website is using Load balancing, but it hasn't been configured properly. If so, make sure that you followed the steps, described in our documentation for setting up Load Balancing.
If this is not the case, restart the application (resave your web.config) and check whether the problem persists afterwards.
Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Jen,
 We are not using Load Balancing on our site. I had tried restarting the application before with no success and have tired again with same results. We are still receiving the same error.

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Rob,

All media items are stored in the sf_media_content table. Can you attach an image of the table and make sure to include the status column. I would like to check what information gets saved in this table, since it might be related to the error you receive.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Jen,
  We just installed version 5 and still have the same problem. We attempt to upload an image to a library and we still receive the row not found error. When we dismiss the error we are at a screen that shows an upload is in progress. We can let it sit for 20 minutes and the progress still is running, for 1 image that is 25kb. If I hit the return to images link then the images show up as drafts. If I try to publish the draft I then get another error.  Cannot get images out of draft so end up deleting them . I am attaching several images. One shows the staus in the database, another that shows the id does exist, one is the error when we try to publish the draft and the other is the error of the row not found.

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Rob,

Similar problems have been resolved by setting the property "Enable data caching" to False. The property can be found under the Data section of the Administration -> Settings -> Advanced menu. Try this and see whether the problem reproduces again.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Jen,
 I had solved one of my earlier problems by setting the cache to false so doubled checked the setting and is still set to false.

Rob

This thread is closed