Backend: Bulk operations and multiple selector checkbox java

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:35

Backend: Bulk operations and multiple selector checkbox javascript logic is flawed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

I've noticed this happening again and again in multiple browsers, it's starting to get annoying.

If you have a large list of items with checkboxes in the backend (a good example is the documents list) and you click multiple checkboxes, the rows are nicely highlighted and that's great.

But if you click just next to a checkbox, and not actually on the checkbox, all of your selections get cleared, and only the row containing the near-missed checbox click gets selected.

So... If I am going through a list of 20 items, and I've selected 11, and then I accidentally click just a row containing a checkbox, and not the box itself, I lose all my selections and have to re-select everything all over again.

This is extremely frustrating, and is obviously a logic error in the row-as-selector javascript used in many checkbox list selections throughout Sitefinity.

This should really be fixed.

I noticed that holding shift seems to work, but then you end up selecting browser text, because any modern browser will assume that holding shift and clicking one place and then another means that you want to select text.  I don't like my settings page turning blue when I am making edits, it makes things hard to read.

This thread is closed