5.0 Spelling Mistakes German

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:05

5.0 Spelling Mistakes German

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

Will start to collect spelling mistakes here.

Regards Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2012 00:00

Some parts i found

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2012 00:00

More errors

Error was in 4.3 and reported: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/german-language-file-4-3-small-error.aspx

Should we stop reporting bugs?

Markus

When you create a module
Regards Markus

More in the module section
Markus

PS: I assume that stuff which is not translated might be not translated in the other languages.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2012 00:00

Thanks for all your input so far!

I've added the changes where applicable and the new language pack will be uploaded some time tomorrow.

@Markus - some of the capitalization errors have to do with the way the labels are formed. We're having an ongoing refactoring process and the labels that I cannot fix right now through the excel file have been logged and queued up for fixing. 

Let us know if you notice anything else that looks off track.

Greetings,
Svetla
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

Missing space. Maybe some rephrasing (ask TMatt or your translater what they think)
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions!

We generally agree that the last one fits best, @TMatt I'd appreciate your feedback as well!

Kind regards,

Svetla
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I´am fine with the last block :)

It should read
Eigenschaften bearbeiten (Bibliothek)
NOT
Eigenschaften Bearbeiten (Bibliothek)

bearbeiten is a verb and therefore not capitalized. But I assume you run all sugestions through your translater anyhow. Don't want to make a bad thing worse :-)
Markus

Next one

Replace "Ausloggen" with "Abmelden"

@TMatt
What would you think about

chanching: Content to Inhalte?
chanching: Generischer Inhalt to Generische Inhalte -> or Textbausteine (nor correct but might be more clear)

The still anyoing 3.7 migration text (it should be possible to disable this for new projects) is not translated. This text is for developers only! If someone is already in 5.0 he/she probably has a plan with it (to migrate) or its a new project. So what's the need of this link anyhow?

----

Dashboard -> See all videos is not translated.

----
Aktionen - Bearbeiten - Content not translated should read Inhalt

------
Grid header 'TRANSLATIONS' not translated to "ÜBERSETZUNGEN" or vielleicht besser "Versionen" (not correct but maybe better)

Markus

------------------------------
chanching: Content to Inhalte? ----  Yes replace Content with Inhalte

chanching: Generischer Inhalt to Generische Inhalte -> or Textbausteine (nor correct but might be more clear)   ----- Better   --> Allgemeine Vorlagen

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2012 00:00

@Markus. @TMatt,

Thanks a lot for all your input so far, the changes are updated in our database. 
One question I do have is I have noticed that anmelden is consistently used as register and einloggen as login. Some of your responses indicate that this is inconsistent with standard German UI conventions, so I have made the following changes throughout the entire language pack(with all verbs and nouns I could find):

einloggen(as in login)-> anmelden
ausloggen -> abmelden
anmelden(as in register)->registrieren

Does this make sense to you guys and should we stick to this new convention from now on?

All the best,

Svetla
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2012 00:00

Dear Svetla

The change from anmelden (as in register) to registrieren is very good. 

When anmelden und registrieren are next to each other then its clear. If you only see anmelden alone, there is a small chance that it could also be interpreted as register.  But after on click the user will know :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2012 00:00

Is there any particular method to learn this language within short period of time.

Carpet cleaning nyc

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2012 00:00

it is fine for me

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2012 00:00

This is an old thread

Have upgraded a site to 5.3 (german files are still 5.2) and the issues are still the same. If not fixed in laguage files 5.3 -> how about adress these issues reported 8 month ago.

If they are fixed in 5.3 language files -> thanks a lot 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2012 00:00

More stuff not translated

Hardcoded => please fix it
Not translated => try to include it in 5.3 files which are not yet published ,-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for this feedback. Unfortunately, as you've probably guessed, the process of generating language packs and communicating with translators is a bit tedious. Fixes for the changes you've mentioned didn't make it into the 5.3 language pack.

We will go through all your suggestions one by one and fix them manually. The good news is that we can always update the language packs in the marketplace without waiting for a new release. We plan to go through all your recommendations and send you the fixes as a new language pack which you can test. If everything is OK, we can then publish it in the marketplace.

Kind regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for this feedback. Unfortunately, as you've probably guessed, the process of generating language packs and communicating with translators is a bit tedious. Fixes for the changes you've mentioned didn't make it into the 5.3 language pack.

We will go through all your suggestions one by one and fix them manually. The good news is that we can always update the language packs in the marketplace without waiting for a new release. We plan to go through all your recommendations and send you the fixes as a new language pack which you can test. If everything is OK, we can then publish it in the marketplace.

Kind regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2013 00:00

Just more stuff that has not been fixed in the past 1 1/2 years

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

The reported by you mistakes in German language pack has been forwarded to our colleagues. They well be corrected as soon as possible.

Thank you for your feedback. 

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

This thread is closed