Multilingual

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:40

Multilingual

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2012 00:00

I have a multilingual site in Sitefinity - with a literal control on the the masterpage.

The culture / uiculture gets set by my custom language selector (see my previous post for shortcomings in the built in one). I have set a resource up to set a text property on a literal as follows and am setting the meta:resourcekey on the literal. 

When I pick french I get the following:

Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Literal' does not have a public property named 'Textfr'. 

Somehow Sitefinity is messing with the properties in that it appends the language onto the end and causes the error. I am trying to evaluate Sitefinity for use as a multilingual CMS so far I am not from impressed. Any thoughts on fixing this? 

Thanks

Brin

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Brin,

Can you send us a sample - the master page + the language selector so we can check the exact scenario? Also could you explain your goal so we can help you with the approach.

All the best,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Pavel

Thanks for your response. I was trying to use the meta:resourcekey attribute on a Literal control just to test. So the literal appeared as follows:

<asp:Literal ID="TitleLiteral" runat="server" meta:resourcekey="TitleLiteralResource" />

The resource file contains a definition for TitleLiteralResource.Text however the language code appeared to have been appended to the property name ie textfr for French.

One work around is to define the control as follows which works for me so feel to close this issue:

<asp:Literal runat="server" ID="TitleLiteral" Text="<%$Resources:TitleResource %>" />

Thanks again

Brin

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Brin,

Please note that using meta:resourcekey is not an officially supported scenario, and might be causing problems. As you properly pointed out, working with Resources is the correct approach, for more information please check this article from our documentation.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed