MailTo Links in Email Campaigns

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:29

MailTo Links in Email Campaigns

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2012 00:00

Does anyone else have issues with mailto links when using email campaigns?  Whenever I have a link to an email address and I send it out through the Email Campaign module, when the user receives it and tries clicking on that link to send an email, the browser pops with a blank page in addition to the email client.  I think it has to do with the tracking code that gets appended to the URL when sent, but I don't know how to stop this behavior for email links.  Any suggestions?  Does the Telerik team have any answers?

Thanks,
Jim

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Jim,

Thank you for contacting us. Mail-to links are tracked and that's the reason for opening an empty browser window when you click such link. I'm logging this as a bug, which should be fixed for the upcoming service pack. You can follow the public issue here: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/10271 

Greetings,
Petya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed