Mobile Preview Problems

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:23

Mobile Preview Problems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2012 00:00

Not "Problems" as in fix this now...but usability issues

Since you're just doing an iframe resize on the mobile "preview", I'm unable to reload the browser to see any changes I make to my css\scripts while saying on the same preview device.  It would be nice if you provided a reload button in the UI, OR allow me to somehow load the page defaulted to a preview item.

Also alerts (for testing) in scripts (in FF) cause my entire browser screen to black out and I need to reload FF.

**Note, same deal for previewing in landscape, always loads in portrait **

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2012 00:00

Also I'm not sure if this is a chrome issue or not (likely), so heads up anyway :)

...but all text-shadow elements are ignoring whatever color I'm giving, and it's rendering #FFF instead.  Not visible in the dev tools though, that shows the proper colour.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the useful review, please let me elaborate below on the topics.

Since you're just doing an iframe resize on the mobile "preview", I'm unable to reload the browser to see any changes I make to my css\scripts while saying on the same preview device.  It would be nice if you provided a reload button in the UI, OR allow me to somehow load the page defaulted to a preview item.
 That's a good suggestion, indeed, I'll make sure to start an internal discussion on it.

Also alerts (for testing) in scripts (in FF) cause my entire browser screen to black out and I need to reload FF.
We haven't been able to reproduce that behavior, but we'll be doing some more tests on it.

**Note, same deal for previewing in landscape, always loads in portrait **
We're currently working on finding out a way for simulating this on a desktop browser as there is no way to emulate the device property orientation currently.

all text-shadow elements are ignoring whatever color I'm giving, and it's rendering #FFF instead.
Are you using font replacement by any chance, as it might be a possible reason for the problems. On a side note Jordan (Angelov) had the exact same issue the other day, which I believe he suggested might be an issue with the Chrome browser.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2012 00:00

Yeah we're using a google font, but not for those particular elements...I think you might be right with it being a chrome bug

What I meant for the landscape was more that my "settings" are lost when I reload like how I lose the device I'm working with...know what I mean?  Like if I was trying to configure styling on iPad in landscape, everytime I need to change something it's two clicks...once to re-make it landscape, another to choose iPad

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

Everything is placed in the configurations, so in Advanced Settings > ResponsiveDesign > PreviewDevices  you are able to change the default devices, delete or add new.

I hope that this will solve the problem.

Regards,
Jordan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2012 00:00

Hey Jordan,
  Well, I mean no that doesn't really help much, I mean perhaps a workaround...but a pain.

Our config is stored in the database so I can't easily move nodes up or down to set a default, and I don't see anywhere to set landscape as default.

I could change the sizing and class to be "sfIPhone4_landscape" but when the preview loads "Portrait" would still be selected right?

** THIS IS ALL OKAY THOUGH **
Just improve the UI in an upcoming release and we're good...I've already themed us out using the existing preview.

Steve

This thread is closed