Error in custom module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:26

Error in custom module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi

I am using the latest version of Sitefinity: version 5. I try to create a module with the module builder.
I first created a new module with a couple of fields. Everythingh worked fine. But after making changes to the fields (remove field and add a new one) and selecting the button ;Update widget templates and finish' I get an error on the page where I defined the new module.

The ContentViewDefinition with name 'ImagesFrontend' does not exist in configuration files.
You should either add the ContentViewDefiniton with such name to the configuration;
change ControlDefinitionName or load ControlDefinition programatically by setting
the ControlDefinition property.

t has to do with the type of field I added: media field. After removing the field reference from the created widget template, everything worked fine again.

What is the reason of this error?
Regards
Luc

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello

For your info:
I created a small business edition with Sitefinity version 5.2500. I have seen that in this version there were some problems with image libraries.So I installed version 2523 now and will try to create the custom module with the media type field again. See if the problem has been solved...

regards
Luc Baeten

This thread is closed