Registeration Widget Bug

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:30

Registeration Widget Bug

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

When a user creates a new account and picks a username (which will default to nickame) with the default registration widget and someone already is using this 'nickname' in their profile I get this error. It should tell the new user that they can't use this name.

Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'mydb.sf_sitefinity_profile' with unique index 'sf_idx_profile_nickname'.
The statement has been terminated.

Whoops, that's a big issue :)

I havne't plopped one on the page to see, but can the nickname field be hidden as a workaround?

nickname isn't on the registration widget itself. What happens is your username name becomes your nickname. So if someone already has a nickname with the username your are trying to create you get a conflict... and you get that error

Well then, that needs priority fixing for SP1 or 5.1 (whichever comes first)

One more thing... the account activation email looks like the following, which is fine.

Welcome to <%\s*SiteName\s*%>.<br /><br />
Please follow this link in order to confirm your registration:<br />
<a href="<%\s*ConfirmationUrl\s*%>"><%\s*ConfirmationUrl\s*%></a><br /><br />
Thank you,<br />
The <%\s*SiteName\s*%> Team

So you get the project name out of your system, but it is a pain to change the project name because of ->> http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/kb/sitefinity-4-x/when-sitefinity-project-is-deployed-to-production-server-an-invalid-root-node-configured-for-pages-no-root-node-with-the-name-of-frontendsitemap-error-is-thrown.aspx. Nice if there was a gui way of doing it

I guess you can hard code it to whatever, but to me that really isn't a desired approach. Oh yea and then you need to setup a mail address otherwise you just get noreply@noreply.com (http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/registration-widget.aspx). Where does the noreply@noreply.com come from if you don't set one up?, why not just use the default smtp sender address, in my case its already setup as noreply@domainname.com... I'm sure others do this to.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2014 00:00

What's even more amazing is how the entire registration process is still full of bugs and difficult to setup.  The bug in the post above is still there in v7.1.  Furthermore, trying to locate where to change body copy in emails sent by Sitefinity during the registration process is near impossible.

Orchard is quickly becoming my CMS of choice.  I've sold my last version of Sitefinity.  The number of bugs with each new build is unacceptable.  Upgrades with large amounts of data are a nightmare.  The fact that Telerik make it into Gartner's magic quadrant is unbelievable.  But I suppose you can buy your way into any accolade you want.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2014 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for the provided feedback. I am sorry to hear that our product does to meet your expectations.

The user profiles and the bugs reported for this section and all other related to it will be reviewed and we will be working on improving this product areas.

Regarding the reported problem, I would like to inform you that the bug could not be reproduced on Sitefinity 7.1. For your convenience please review the video demonstration I have recorded. If the username is used by another user, the system will ask you to enter different user name. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we are missing some steps of reproducing the problem.

On a side note, as the product has quarterly release cycles, with a Service pack in between we are always trying to address as many important bugs alongside the necessary features to keep the product stability and develop in the desired strategic direction. Since the beginning of 2014 we have tried further improving our bug fixing policy by introducing weekly internal builds that contain fixes for important issues, and clients can upgrade to them without the need to wait for the scheduled official release.
While internal builds do not go through the same intensive testing as the official release, they are based on the latest official release which has gone through that stage, and each individual bug fix included in an internal build has been thoroughly tested and verified.

All logged bugs for the product are reviewed carefully by our business analyst team to ensure they are fixed in the proper order. In addition, as our releases are mostly client-driven, we also monitor closely the number of votes each bug has received in our feedback portal, to ensure the ones that have received more votes are addressed with priority.

You could find additional information regarding internal hot fix builds in our Forum on the following URL.

Moreover, we have announced an any version to any upgrade, meaning that you can now directly upgrade projects which are using Sitefinity 4.x, Sitefinity 5.x or Sitefinity 6.x version to our latest Sitefinity version Sitefinity 7.2 or any version in between. Further information could be found in our Upgrade article.

Last but not least each Sitefinity release contains major/minor new features, bug fixes, and stability/performance optimizations of the product. We are always taking to account feedback and requests coming from our clients.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed