Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:21

Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Check this weirdness out

http://screencast.com/t/9sJNvlCCxX

So once I select multiple files in my App_Themes, thunder has a freakout

As a follow up...

I'm seeing similar issues, although I'm receiving a localized error message (Onherstelbare fout (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))).

This error only occurs when selecting multiple .png's. Strangely .gif's and .jpg's don't cause this errormessage and it only happens when selecting multiple .png's from the SitefinityWebApp project. When I click on multiple .png's in the Thunder project (part of the same solution) nothing happens...

J.

Hello Steve and Jochem,

Thank you for contacting the Telerik support team and reporting this issue. It is logged in our bug tracking system and it is forwarded for fixing. This error message appears when selecting multiple files or folders from SitefinityWebApp project. I updated your Telerik points.

All the best,
Miroslava
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2012 00:00

I'm getting it somewhere else too now.

I have a class library project, and in that I have a .less, .css, and .min.css generated by Mindscape Workbench. 

http://screencast.com/t/hYwvtC5lI3v

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing back. I checked out the video that you sent us. Currently, we do not support less yet.

Greetings,
Miroslava
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

I know...but that's not the point of the video :) 
1) This is a class library, not a Thunder project or the sitefinity webapp
2) Happens when I select two .css files (not the less). (20 seconds in)

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

I tested selecting several files or folder in a Class Library project and the same error message appeared. It is reproducible not only for Class Library or Web App projects, so I edited the logged bug in our bug tracking system. Thank you once again.

Regards,
Miroslava
the Telerik team

This thread is closed