SF 5.0 upgrade STS - 404 File or Directory not found

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:14

SF 5.0 upgrade STS - 404 File or Directory not found

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi all,
Anyone else having an issue upgrading to SF 5.0 for 4.4 and having the front end work fine but trying to get into the back end is not working at all. We are getting a 404 error and just don't know where to go from here.
Not sure what you need to help me debug this, please let me know. Thank you...

I got this working by setting up a fresh site and then copying the web.config on top of the existing one and making changes to the <wsFederation passiveRedirectEnabled="true" issuer="
so that it point correctly. Now the front end is working and the back end.

Now my problem is that I am unable to Publish or SaveAsDraft. I get The remote server returned an unexpected response 400 Bad Request.

Anyone have any ideas? I do like the ability of getting into the back end now without having to log in.

Thank you! 

More on this problem. 
Using Fiddler I am seeing that the error is really a 500.
PUT /Sitefinity/Services/Workflow/WorkflowService.svc/MessageWorkflow/228943ac-ca9b-48af-b87b-4abdf7303e7d/?itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode&workflowOperation=Publish HTTP/1.1

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

I suppose something is blocking the WCF service and something has got wrong with the Put/Delete methods. This issue is either caused by wrong server configuration or by a third-party software that is messing with the services.

Please check this link and pay attention to the questions there - maybe some of them is relevant to your issue?

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E400.html

A trace log would also come handy if you could send one.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

This does not help me. I already read all about the error. We even took a clean install and did an upgrade to 5.0 without doing windows auth and still cannot publish. We could publish just fine prior to upgrading and we changed nothing. 
Please give me instructions how to send you a trace file. Also I would be happy to do a webex session so you can see for yourself what is going on and maybe help solve this much faster.

Thank you, Kameron

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2012 00:00

Has anyone successfully upgraded to 5.0 from 4.4 and is able to publish? We have tried a fresh upgrade and still unable to publish. Why is it that the support from Telerik so slow? Is there really that many problems? If so, that is not good at all. I am thinking the version 5 was not really ready for release at this point and now we are stuck.

Victor, can we please do a webex session? Thank you, Kameron

Victor,
I followed this link to see if I could get a trace log for you:
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/kb/sitefinity-4-x/tracing-web-services-exceptions.aspx

It would not work, kept getting an error 500 Internal Error. I checked all of the folder permissions and there is no difference than what we had on the production site. What else can I provide to you?

Thank you, Kameron

Victor, 
I got the log file to work. I tried to attach but says you only accept 
Allowed extensions: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png 

Ugh!

Thanks, Kameron

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Kameron,

Lets continue our communication in the support thread you have opened, in order to keep the better organization of the information flow. After the issue is resolved, you can share with the community the solution to the problem.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed