User Authentication "Object Reference" Error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:22

User Authentication "Object Reference" Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Telerik team,

Here is the error

It occurs after I change "User Authentication" mode from "Form" to "Claims-based".
Please let me know how to resolve it as I cannot access to administration of the website.

Thank You..

Regards,
Nwe

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,

In order to switch to claims-based authentication you have to follow the description in our Sitefnity document.

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Here is the error if I use that approach.

Please let me know if you have other options to deal with current issue.
Recently I cannot access to back-end or Sitefinity administration.

Is there any way to get access sitefinity backend apart from using (site address/Sitefinity) to make some changes in setting?

Thanks and Regards,
Nwe

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,
I was working on sitefinity 4.4 and upgrade to 5.
Then I made changes in Login function. I didn't notice that I was with "Form" authentication or "Claim-based" authentication.
Since I realized I was in "Form" authentication, I changed to "Claim-based", then I got the previous errors.

However, I have solution as below;
1) Create pure Sitefinity 5 project with newly set up database and so on...
2) Check User Authentication is "Claim-based"
3) Check web.config includes claim-based related configuration (such as <microsoft.Identity ...>)
4) Copy the web.config to the previous project web.config

It works! for me.
Let me know if you have better approach or if my solution has some inappropriate flow.

Thanks.
Nwe

This thread is closed