5.0 SE Translations not at all places

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:41

5.0 SE Translations not at all places

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2012 00:00

Create a site
Add a second backend language
You can set your prefered language in profile options but it will not be used at all places.
I have for example DE added as backend and made default
DE default
EN

I set my profile preference to EN but some parts seem to be still translated to german.

Especially anoying in permission because the roles are nemed differently. See attached screenshot.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

I managed to reproduce the issue with translated roles. I've reported this and will monitor the fix for it.

Could you provide me with more details which areas continue to be displayed in the default backend language even if you've set your profile to use another?

Looking forward to your reply!

Kind regards,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2012 00:00

Mostly the adminstration settings area as I remember.

I have not updated any mulitlingual site to 5.0 so I would not know if the backend changes the language according to the frontend language - which of course would be still a major anoyance.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

I've forwarded the details and reproduction steps, Markus!

There are a few labels in the administration that have been left without translation intentionally, but the reason is self explanatory. The ones that have been hardcoded are being chased after and provided to our translators. I'm not sure about an ETA, because performance optimizations are with higher priority right now (huge improvements are coming with 5.1), so stay in touch!

Kind regards,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed