Error uploading multiple images

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:16

Error uploading multiple images

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2012 00:00

Here are some further observations to this thread. (I work with Rob)

If I upload one image I can do so successfully.
If I try to upload multiple images (either to an existing library, or a new one) I get popup windows with the row not found error as posted in the other thread.
After the popup message, the upload will never finish, and I need to click "back to images" to abort the upload.
Once one upload has been aborted, I cannot upload any further images, even one at a time - no error message, the progress bar just keeps spinning forever.
If I restart Sitefinity (by refreshing the web.config file) I can upload one at a time again.

This is driving us nuts - can you please offer a solution? Based on the already painful slowness of working in the backend, uploading one image at a time is not a feasible solution for the size of site we are creating.

Note: We are using SF 5.0 (recently upgraded), and we are using the trial version right now as our site does not have a domain name yet.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Tanya,

Can you give us a bit more information about your setup - are you running in NLB environment? Also have you tried setting the proposed property to false in the settings of your site? Any additional information would be helpful to us.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

As already mentioned in the other thread, we have Enable data caching set to false, and we are not running in a NLB environment.

Other information that may or may not be useful - we are using IE7 as our browser (organization wide setting), currently we are in development mode so only have two users using the system, we were able to upload multiple images in the past with SF4.4 (not sure what may be different - we started having the problem before we upgraded to SF5.0), the names of the images will show up after the attempted uploads with broken image icons,

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Tanya,

Thank you for the additional information.

Is it possible to provide us with login credentials for the site so we can inspect it more closely, because the behaviour of the system is somewhat strange, as you have done a lot to prevent the error. Also have you tried to restart the project?

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Victor,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately our site is available on our Intranet only, so we are unable to provide you access. I'm not sure what you mean by restarting the project, but we have updated the web.config in order to refresh Sitefinity.

Are there any database tables we can check? Note that our database is running on a separate machine from our SF installation.
thanks
Tanya

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Tanya,

You database should not be a problem as long as you can connect, browse and create content on your site. By restart I mean to recycle the application pool or use the following command:

iisreset

to reboot the IIS server on the hosting machine. Have you tried that?

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

We thought this issue would be fixed in SF5.1. In SF5.1 I have tried uploading multiple files, the first time it worked, the second time I got the Javascript error
'Item.Id' is null or not an object
(and an endless progress bar)

We are using IE7, we are not running in a NLB environment. Any ideas? This is continuing to prevent us from moving forward with Sitefinity. 

This thread is closed