Regarding Sitefinity Database

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:50

Regarding Sitefinity Database

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Team,

Thanks a lot for your Support.
 we are facing a problem, we are trying to Alter the name of Database which was created by SItefinity, we done Change in DataConfig.config file and use the Modified name of Database there. Now we are able to connect with sitefinity backend but not able to open the content of the Pages that we created. and our Published and Localhost application also not working, Showing the Error: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".
please help us asap.

Thanks and Regards
Ankit

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Ankit,

This is a strange behaviour that you are experiencing. Can you tell me exactly how did you alter the name of the database, because I think the problem may be coming from the actual action, because if you just changed the initial catalog string of the Data.config and the database name you should not be experiencing such errors.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello Victor,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I alter the name of database using SQL Command "
ALTER DATABASE OldName MODIFY NAME = NewName". and then changed the database name in the Dataconfig file. One more modification done by me. I changed the Path of Sitefinity Application in Project Manager by removing the Previous Project and by using Import option from Project Manager  i reloaded the Application. Now we are not able to run the Application on localhost it gives Message like:  "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" but we are able to open the Sitefinity Backend and in backend we are not able to open the content of Pages and Templates that we have already registered there shows the same error message: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". .

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello Ankit,

Have you tried opening and running the project using Visual Studio, because the project manager might have messed up the paths of where the project is located. The renaming command looks ok, and should not be related to the issue, however if you have a database backup, I would suggest to rename the database using the UI of the SQL management studio instead of running commands.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed