Forums: Invalid resource:ForumsResources.ForumsTitle

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:26

Forums: Invalid resource:ForumsResources.ForumsTitle

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

Sitefinity 5 Enterprise (trial), living on Azure, under Content, I'm seeing this error.

Invalid resource:ForumsResources.ForumsTitle

Clicking it gives the second attachment error.

Also would like to note that when I run in the debugger in Visual Studio locally, after the Azure emulator starts, I see the "Forums" option under Content as expected and am able to create a forum and add posts to it.  It seems the issue is just with my copy on Azure.  Any advise would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced with your Sitefinity project, it looks like indeed these issues might be related to the instance deployed on Azure. It would be really helpful if you can assure us that you've followed correctly the steps outlined in this article from our documentation. Generally the issue you're observing indicates that the resources for that particular Backend page's title cannot be found. Going deeper this could be caused by either improper module initialization, or incorrect licensing, which could bot lead to similar behavior. Can you please try navigating to the Forums backend page and let me know if you're able to open it, or it throws an exception as well, and also if you are observing any other strange behavior patterns when browsing the site backend?

Looking forwards to your reply.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Yes that article is the one I used to deploy to Azure.  Not seeing any other strange behavior.  Perhaps it is related to being on the trial version of Sitefinity 5.

When I click the link in the menu to go into the forum, that is where it throws the second error, Capture2.jpg illustrates.  

I'll try to redeploy from Visual Studio up to Azure shortly and see if that fixes the issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2012 00:00

Redeploying my solution from Visual Studio did not fix the issue with the forum.  When selecting Administration > System > Backend Pages as you suggest, I get the following error before anything actually loads....and the "Loading..." bar just spins repeatedly and never actually loads the backend pages.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Corby,

The error regarding the backend pages  is most likely related to a possible bug issue that we are investigating. We have discussed the issue and its solution in this thread:

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-backend-pages---invalid-uri-the-uri-scheme-is-not-valid.aspx

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi, I'm having the same issue as Corby.

I, instead of deploying on Azure, did sync database from localhost to staging server, and this issue occurs on staging server, on localhost, it works fine. I also applied bought license on trial one. Could this cause the issue?
On new installation it works fine, but the question is, what is messed up. I checked SecurityConfig.config, and the keys there correspond to those in administration. What else could be wrong?

Thanks,
Robert

OK this one was really simple. The Telerik.Sitefinity.Forums.dll was missing in the bin, for whatever reason.

Robert, I checked the References folder for my Sitefinity 5 project and you are right, there was no Telerik.Sitefinity.Forums.dll file!!  But what I find odd is that the forums module still worked just fine on localhost even with the missing .dll.  I added the .dll from an earlier attempt at Sitefinity, as it couldn't be found in the current project anywhere, and republished to Azure.  The Forums module on Azure is now working as expected.  Thank you.

Maybe somehow the .dll got installed in the GAC of my local machine and therefore the forums module was visible locally but since the .dll wasn't in the Resources folder, and therefore never got published to Azure, this could be why the module wasn't working there.  I don't know, very strange, but I am thankful to you Robert for pointing me in the missing .dll.  This has fixed my problem.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Corby,
I'm glad I helped:)

This thread is closed