Profile control Avatar uploads to random galleries

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:53

Profile control Avatar uploads to random galleries

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

I also think the way the default album is selected when uploading images is a bug, it should just default to nothing and force people to pick the correct album, but i guess that is another thread.

When using the profile control, avatars that are uploaded appear in different albums instead of just going to a default one, not sure if this can be set anywhere.

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Rob,

We were not able to reproduce it on our side. After you uploaded an Avatar image, you select Content->Images and there you can see all of the images in the libraries. The Default library or the library where you choose to store your image is on the right side of the Images page. When you select it, the uploaded images should be there. For your convenience I'm attaching a sample video demonstrating the default behavior we're observing, please do not hesitate to let us know if we might be missing a step in reproducing the problem.

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,
Sorry i wasn't clear, the front end user control where you press change photo to add an avatar, not the backend one, it uploads to a gallery that may have been used to select and image previously.

So for instance i have a gallery called locations which i upload to, someone comes along and uploads an avatar after i have done the above, and then avatars seem to appear in that library and not the default one.

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

After clarifying the desired scenario it seem that this is a bug. I have logged it in our internal bug-tracking system and I hope we will be able to provide a solution for the upcoming releases.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi I have similar problem. When changing avatar, the profile widget uploads photo to my first library which has slider images.

Can you please elaborate more on the current behavior, so that perhaps I can workaround the problem? 

Thanks,
Robert

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2012 00:00

Did anyone hear back  on this?   When we use the front end profile control, the avatar upload image uploads to the "Default" library.  Anyway to change where the avatar image is uploaded to? We don't want it uploading to the "Default" Library.
Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi, I just got an answer from support:

There is a public property for the ImageField control, in the Edit Profile template, called AlbumId to which you can pass the Id of the image library for the avatars. You can get the Library Id with devTools like Firebug for Firefox for example. 

And it actually works, but only for 'profile form ' template = you loose autogenerated fields

Robert

This thread is closed